Friday, October 4, 2013

The Second Time Around


As moms we tend to make things harder on ourselves than really necessary, this holds especially true for first time moms. At least it was that way for me. Today I realized that I do things differently with Tyler because the little things don't matter as much as the big things. I tell her I love her every day, I cuddle her, sing to her, play with her, give her lots of smiles, and read to her every single day. Doing something not exactly 'by the book' isn't bad. It's good! You've got to be flexible to stay sane. I'm pretty sure it's in the job description.

Today I had my two month old doing tummy time on the floor; she hadn't really napped and I was praying that some play time would wear her out. She fell asleep during tummy time and I didn't dare pick her up, after about ten minutes I rolled her onto her back and just let her sleep.
When Erin was two months old allowing her to sleep on the floor was something I'd never do, it was almost incomprehensible . My baby was too good for the floor. As time went on I became more lax about the little things like that; it's not worth stressing over if they're safe and happy. 

 
Allowing Tyler to  nap on the floor while I'm sitting right next to her playing with Erin doesn't make me a bad mom. It makes me flexible. It allowed me to have some much needed one on one time with my one year old. 








No comments:

Post a Comment